Updates from our vacation in the Pacific Northwest:
We just came back from a weekend at my parents’ cabin at Mount Ranier. My brother’s family joined us, and suffice it to say that it was the kind of weekend boys dream about all year-round. Here’s a short list of my ponderings as we end the long weekend…
(Side note: iPhone photos follow the list. I’m bummed that a heap of camera photos I took are not cooperating with my laptop, but hopefully I’ll get them up soon enough.)
(Another side note: I’m having all sorts of weird issues with spacing and font, but I give up this time–so hope you can put up with a little weirdness in this post. ) Thanks!
LESSONS FROM OUR WEEKEND AT THE MOUNTAIN:
1. Boys really can survive for a few days on campfire hot dogs and roasted marshmallows. And pure excitement.
4. Chili truly does taste better at a mountain cabin. So do pancakes. And…pretty much: EVERYTHING.
5. Skipping rocks is actually a competitive sport. At least in my family.
6. When a boy gets a fish on the end of his line, he quickly becomes a bit more of a man.
(And he also gets a little addicted to fishing.)
7. Crossing the street to the Greenwater General Store so that each boy can buy their own pocket knife is a real rite of passage that I just learned about.
10. Going 48 hours without cell phone reception does not actually kill you after all!
11. Falling asleep with campfire smoke in your hair is still gross.
I’m cutting myself off at eleven, but trust me–there’s a lot more I could say! Feel free to add to my list if you’ve been out camping or traveling with boys recently!
Meanwhile, a few iPhone photos:
We will be hanging out in the harbor for a couple more days now. Dave flies in Wednesday night, (yay!!) and we are all excited for a train ride to Portland on Friday. Our fall adventure continues!
Hope you’re having a great start to the week. And hey–Happy October! (can you believe it?????)
Grommom and groms…
(And don’t forget to add to my list if something good comes to mind!)