Grommom confessions: In no particular order. And not necessarily in any way related to anything at all.
Thank you for your support:
1. I still haven’t learned all of the names of surf breaks within a few miles of our home. I get Back Yards mixed up with Off the Wall. And Rockies. Leftovers and Rightovers. Off The Wall mixed up with Pipeline. Ehukai and Pupukea. My sweet husband has actually said the words, (and I do quote:) “How could you call yourself a GROMMOM when you can’t even remember this stuff!!?”
I’m so very ashamed.
2. I lack the basic skill set to homeschool boys.
I am not creative. Or organized. Or smart.
3. I dread the lunch hour. I usually find myself with no idea what to feed the boys. If we have leftovers I am so very happy, but if we don’t, I typically scratch my head and suggest they figure it out for themselves, while I take a little nap. (See #2, and #19.) I personally think lunch is a weird meal, and unless you have the luxury of going to a restaurant, lunch should be pretty well ignored.
4. I completely failed as a soccer mom. When my boys played soccer, I would get game times wrong, forget my turn to bring snacks, as well as other important things like kids’ shin guards and jerseys. I guess that’s why God is giving me a chance at being a surf mom instead.
5. Cleaning my ears with Q-tips is the highlight of my every morning.
6. During my first two pregnancies, I had multiple dreams of giving birth to a puppy. NO DREAMS about giving birth to a human being.
7. I don’t like sci-fi at all. Not at all. I have fallen asleep each time I tried to watch Star Wars.
8. Against all great counsel and wisdom (aka: my husband,) I have allowed my boys to eat food in my car. Therefore, if you open the car at night you might see cockroaches scatter. I am most unhappy with this fact, and my husband has absolutely no sympathy for me. Now that I am thoroughly grossed out, I am trying to decide what course to take: A) Clean out the car thoroughly and never let anyone eat in it again. 2) Sell the car and start fresh. 3) Live and let live.
(Warned you this would be dirty.)
9. I like Twitter. More all the time. I take my phone on my morning runs and after the two miles UP hill, I take a break and check Twitter. I don’t know if it is my genuine love of Twitter, or my need to stop moving and act busy (since there is no one else around, I can’t explain that, ) but that’s what I do. I like Facebook too, but Twitter is my latest favorite.
10. I thrive on social interaction.
Homeschooling in the country doesn’t necessarily go well with being that way. Therefore, blogging is meeting a deep need in my life. Thank you.
11. A typical 24-hour period of clothing choices for me: I wear a pair of jeans/shorts/sweats with a ribbed tank all day. I fall asleep in the same tank and PJ bottoms. I get up and go running in the same tank.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. I do what I can.
12. My three biggest fears: Earthquakes, centipedes, and throwing up. (I could write an entire post on any of those.)
13. I have never successfully balanced a checkbook. Not once.
14. (While we’re on finances,) I only do a couple of my bills online. Meaning: I write checks, buy stamps, and mail bills like I did 20 years ago.
15. It takes me a long time to learn new things.
16. I’m still not on Pinterest. (See above.)
17. I swallow loudly when I drink.
18. I wish I could grow my bangs out but I look really bad that way.
19. I can fall asleep in less than twenty seconds. Any time of day. Anywhere. (For example, #7.)
20. I do almost everything in a hurry. This causes way too many sloppy jobs, and I am not at all proud of it. I often blog quickly and post it before it is really complete. Then I get embarrassed and hope that you don’t give up on me.
21. I get a serious rush out of your comments. It makes me smile, and I often laugh out loud or read them to my family….SO—-
I hope you’ll comment below and tell me if you share in any of my confessions, or if you have any of your own…I think this would be mutually therapeutic.
PS I’m the worst tooth fairy there has ever been. Without a doubt. (That one’s been bugging me for a while now. Thanks for letting me add.)
PPS Now that I started this list, I can’t stop thinking of more to add…Looks like I’ll need a part TWO for this one!