I am just wrapping up a very FULL, and satisfying weekend: A date night at Turtle Bay Resort’s Ola’s on the beach. (Wonderful.) Some down time at home. Company over for dinner. Twice. Church. Beach. Laundry. Homeschool prep. Exhaustion.
I will briefly share a few miscellaneous moments of the past few days. And if I slur my typing, you’ll understand why…
1. My favorite photo of the week. I can’t really explain why, but I can’t quit staring at it.
2. Well, it’s been over a year since ELI was last here to cut our coconuts. Things were getting dangerous around here. Falling coconuts don’t mess around.
So, Friday Eli took care of business. It’s hard to even see him way up there. (and excuse the dark photo. I was holding a two-year old and two toy tractors for that one.)
You might guess that after sharing my home and country updates last week, I was determined to NOT show a picture of that back yard. Not even peek…But here I go:
**Gasp, I know–A big mess! But–a mess with potential, friends, a mess with potential.
(Now repeat that back to me twenty times so I might believe you. )
But we are stoked to have a bunch of great coconuts!
And coconut water. Dr. Dave approved:
3. I went stand-up paddle boarding today and it felt amazing. It was so quiet and peaceful, and I was surrounded by turtles, and a never-ending sea. I had to stop and thank God for His creation.
4. Then I returned to the beach to be reminded that my life is mostly NOT quiet and peaceful, nor surrounded by turtles. But instead, my life is loud and not very peaceful, and surrounded by…
Goofball kids. (with their sweet friend Elijah, stuck in the middle.)
(You’d think they are sick of having their photos taken or something.)
They quickly took over my paddle board.
And then rolled in the sand like dogs.
5. Speaking of dogs, I fell in love with one at the beach.
Until he did this right into my face and camera lens.
He got a little less cute at that moment.
6. This one is from last Thursday, downtown at the Apple Store. Where it became very, VERY clear to me…
I MUST get me an iPad.
Levi was getting smart in the fifteen minutes he spent at the kid’s table. I think with thirty more minutes, he’d be doing long division.
7. New at the blog! Have you noticed? I’ve just really begun, but just so you know, I have been dabbling at two new categories across the top of my page. Look for “Hawaii Visitors Forum,” and “In Case you Wonder.”
I’m super excited about both of them.
8. CREPE WEEK!! I saved the most exciting news for last!!
I am being included in a very, VERY special event this week! Myself, and eleven other bloggers are putting up our best crepe creations this week, in a team effort with AMERICA’S TEST KITCHEN! Thanks to the kind folks at ATK, four of the bloggers will be giving away the following America’s Test Kitchen cookbooks: the Cook’s Illustrated Cookbook, the Baking Illustrated Cookbook, theFamily Baking Cookbook, and Simple Weeknight Favorites. Be sure to follow along with us all week and enter to win!
Monday:Kirsten @ Comfortably Domestic – savory Tuscan CrepesMegan @ Wanna Be A Country Cleaver – sweet Grand Marnier Berry CrepesTuesday:
Kat @ Tenaciously Yours – savory Southwest Crepes with Cilantro Pesto
Jeanne @ Inside NanaBread’s Head – sweet Lemon Cream Crepe Cakes for TwoWednesday:
Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain – savory Herbed Goat Cheese Crepes
Madeline @ Munching in the Mitten – sweet Blueberry Lemon Crepes a la modeThursday:
Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama – savory Vermonter Crepes with ham & cheese
Katie @ The Hill Country Cook – sweet (Insert Title Here)Friday:
Monica @ The Grommom – savory Prosciutto & Asparagus Crepes
Mads @ La Petite Pancake – sweet Strawberry Crepes Au Lait
I’ll be following EVERY one of these great crepe recipes this week. Hope you do too!
Have a fabulous Monday, and I’ll see ya soon!
TGM (The Grom Mom.)