Happy Labor Day Weekend!
I’m sitting at a Starbucks in Lahaina, Maui as the boys catch up on a little school work and we kill some time before we fly back to Oahu.
It’s been an awesome weekend, with the usual mix of really great times, and some challenges. That is life, right?
There’s so much I could say, but since I just have a few minutes, I’ll just share a few highlight photos of our weekend, and then check back in when I’m settled on Oahu.
Both boys did okay, but not their very best. It’s hard for all of us when they are surfing so well, but don’t surf so well in a contest. More on that another time. It was a lot of fun, and they kept great attitudes throughout.
Lahaina has a brand new skate park. The boys were so excited to try it. Unfortunately the first day we were there Josiah had a nasty wipeout and in the five seconds it took for me to get tohimself side, his eyebrow had a knot bulging out of it the size of a golf ball. Not kidding, it was freaky. He’s doing much better now, with just a black eye and a swollen hand. For the record, the Lahaina skate park is great–but very slick. (a highlight of the skate park–it is lit up until 9 PM. Grom party!)
Some final shots from the weekend, so far:
1. Luke and his Maui buddy, Eli Hanneman. Eli rips.
2. Dave’s best friend Tam (from way back) lives on Maui and we got to spend a night with his family. This is Tam’s wife Libby, and their irresistible new baby boy, Christian.
3. There’s Tam with baby. Love that onesie.
4. Josiah and Luke, with Josiah’s eye starting to heal.
5. Boys and boards. All weekend long.
6. Ice cream happened a lot this weekend.
7. Luke getting out of the water. I love his 8 year-old muscle arms .
8. Goofiiness also happened a lot this weekend. Extreme goofiness.
Much love to you all. See ya back here soon. Oh–and Happy Labor day!!