My favorite Instagram of the week:
**If you’ve noticed that Levi is wearing that shirt in 9/10 photos, you are absolutely right. What can I say–the kid is stoked. (and really stubborn when it comes to what he wears.)
Today I am doing something I don’t usually do: I am sending you all over Kingdom Come (that is–the internet) to check out some of my recent favorite places.
I hope you discover something you love in my list, and then I hope you’ll leave a comment with something you love too.
1. I can’t decide which of Brave Avocado’s CREATURE PAINTINGS I like best! They are all full of whimsical ocean themes, and I love every single one!
2. This trail run sounds like MY kind of date! Amanda, from Runninghood, shares about her Asheville NC trail run with her husband. She also mentions running the Forest Park Trails in Portland, Oregon, which brings back fond memories of my last marathon training (forever ago ) where I put in many miles in Forest Park. Trail running is the best!
3. Speaking of dates…Recently I had an incredible dinner at Turtle Bay’s fabulous restaurant–Pa’akai. The theme of Pa’akai is Sea to Table, and you really should get yourself there for an unforgettable meal. Delicious, fresh food, great service, and the view (Well, just click on the link to see!)
4. I’m pretty sure I want to try hair extensions after reading THIS POST by Casey.
5. If you’re a homeschool mom, or have considered being one, THIS POST titled: ”Homeschool 101″ should be helpful to you. There are so many things to consider when it comes to home schooling, from learning styles, to family dynamics—You’ll find the post to be a great resource.
*By the way, I should really write an updated homeschool post about what WE’RE doing for homeschool this year…
Briefly for now: I have all three boys doing FULL ABEKA streaming online. It’s super challenging, and the boys are being stretched, but they do love it. There are truly so many great curriculums out there, and we love something about everything we try! So far we have used Sonlight, Teaching Textbooks, Monarch, and Timberdoodle Core, to name a few. I recently learned about K-12, who offers a variety of individual online courses that I will be looking into for Josiah’s high school electives. (Parent company, Knowledge University link here.)
6. I love Heather’s thoughts on taking a break from Social Media. I think my family would vote YES on that one for me too!
7. The sea glass earrings from Simply Quinns, are my very favorite. I wear them with everything!
8. I am currently using the Tangled Tantrum Conditioning Spray all the time! I truly like it better than all of the other (“grown up”) products I have! My boys still love it every day too! (If you missed my review post, look here.)
9. It’s fall (well, sort of,) and our avocados are finally perfectly ripe! Now I want to make Shanna’s AVOCADO CHICKEN CHOWDER. Mmmmm!
10. And for dessert? I’ll take Megan’s Blueberry and Lemon Mousse! Maybe two servings because it is “light.” hehe.
BONUS: Finally…I would assume that you’ve all seen this brilliant and bizarre music video… However, last weekend we had TWO separate house guests, and neither of them had even heard about it yet!…Which leads me to conclude that maybe the whole world HASN’T Seen the video like eight hundred times like we have.
I’m not gonna lie: I LOVE IT, and I could watch this video over and over and over…In fact, I’ll watch it with you right now! Ready?
Now you tell me if that song doesn’t get stuck in your head ALL. DAY. LONG. (you’re welcome.)
Your turn: Please shout out your latest favorite (anything!) or share a link to something online that you are loving these days!